The holiday season is upon us and festivities are in full-swing in and around North Houston. Spend some time enjoying the sights, smells and sounds that will bring back memories for years to come this December. Whether alone, with your kids, or with visiting relatives, these activities will get you in the holiday spirit!
- Take in a show in Houston’s downtown theater district. Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol is playing at the Alley Theater or The Nutcracker presented by the acclaimed Houston Ballet is at the Hobby Center. Get your tickets now before they sell out!
- Visit Santa’s Wonderland in College Station. This massive venue is all things Christmas and kids will go crazy over seeing Santa and Mrs. Claus, touring the Trail of Lights in a horse-drawn carriage, bumping down the toboggan hill and for the first time this year, playing on Frostbite’s Mountain in real snow!
- Make the drive down to Moody Gardens in Galveston for a holiday adventure like no other. Eight attractions await you here, including a walking tour through beautiful displays of millions of lights, a tubing hill, ice skating rink and of course, Ice Land where two million pounds of ice have been meticulously sculpted into scenes from the North and South Pole. It is truly a sight to behold.
- No holiday season would be complete without a trip to The Woodlands Winter Wonderland. Play at the ice skating rink and enjoy a hot chocolate before taking a casual stroll along the lighted display that runs along Lake Robbins and Six Pines.
- From breakfast with Santa to Gingerbread House-building to outdoor holiday festivals, The Woodlands community has events for everyone during December. Visit their website for dates, times and further details on fun activities coming up: http://woodlandsevents.com/winter/kids-christmas-activities
So grab your gift list, your family members and your ugly Christmas sweater and head out for some fun this holiday season!