Happy Autumn! The change in weather brings with it many warm, spicy recipes! Here are two of our favorite sweet & savory treats to make this Fall!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Muffins by The Glowing Fridge
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners or non-stick spray.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- 4. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
- 5. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mixture will be thick.
- 6. Spoon into the muffin cups and fill almost to the top.
- 7. Bake for 17-19 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!!
Apple Butter Cocktail by How Sweet Eats
- orange wedges for the glass
- 1/2 cinnamon + 1 tablespoon sugar for the rim
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 ounces bourbon
- pinch of cinnamon
- 4 to 6 ounces chilled ginger ale or ginger beer
- fresh figs for garnish
- Rim your glass with a wedge of citrus. I like orange but lemon or lime work too! Stir together the cinnamon and sugar on a plate. Dip the rim in the cinnamon sugar.
- Fill a shaker glass with ice. Add the apple butter, bourbon and a pinch of cinnamon. Shake well for 30 seconds. Pour the mixture into the glass. Fill the glass with ginger ale or ginger beer and serve!